Sunday, February 8, 2009

Picking a PHP/MySQL authentication system

For years, I've been living with various home-made login/authentication systems on my sites, gradually updating and replacing obsolete code. 

I have searched for good, ready-made user systems before, but never found anything that satisfied my needs for easy customization and user administration, plus "forgotten password", email authentication, and so on. Since I'm building some new stuff from scratch, it was time for a new search.

To cut a long story short, after looking at and testing a few solutions, I ended up using Rad Inks' User Manager. It's very nicely built, the code is easy to read and simple to modify, and it works perfectly right out of the bag. So, if you are in need of a PHP/MySQL (or PostgreSQL) user management/login/authentication system, I think you should check this one out!

No comments:

Post a Comment